27 november 2014

Food, football and family.

Today is Family day back in the US. To be an ocean away hurts a bit, especially as I know there's a turkey dinner with family in Indy tonight. The tree things I miss must are the ones I mention in the headline. Mom's great turkey, good college football and most of all: my American family. Sure wish things were different.


Turkey from Ohio, November 2012
Today's Thanksgiving, tomorrow Black Friday and Monday's Cyber Monday. All this days, all heading up to Christmas. But for the American, Thanksgiving is the most important day. Now it's been two years since I last saw my family over there - today it hurts the most.

Ja. Idag är det Thanksgiving i USA. Dagen då mitt förhållande till landet och familjen västerut alltid är som bäst. Men ledsamt är det att vara så långt bort, när alla andra i närmaste familjen är där. Om jag förstått rätt hela 17 personer runt bordet och framför TV-apparaterna. Suck...

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar